Friday today and I am sooooo excited!What are your plans for the weekend?
Today it is all about motivation – here are 20 ”funny” facts I am sure you didn‘t know about your body…
1. Each muscle fiber is thinner than a hair and can support up to 1,000 times its own weight.
2. If all 600 muscles in your body pulled in one direction, you could lift 25 tonnes.
3. Tongue prints are as unique as fingerprints.
4. If the 300,000,000 tiny air sacs (alveoli) in your lungs could be laid out flat, they would cover a home swimming pool.
5. The average human head weighs about 8 pounds.
6. Your nose makes about a cup of snot each day.
7. The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court.
8. The smallest bone in the body is in your ear.
9. Your heart is just a bit bigger than your fist.
10. The human neck has the same number of vertebrae as a giraffe’s neck.
11. Your nose and ears never stop growing.
12. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
13. The air released from a sneeze can exceed 100 mph.
14. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
15. From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.
16. At rest a normal person breathes 10-15 times a minute. A baby takes about 40-50 breaths a minute.
17. Your funny bone isn’t bone at all. It’s a nerve that runs just under your skin in each elbow.
18. When you stand up if you didn’t have valves in your vein,all the blood in your body would literally fall downward,filling up your feet and legs.
19. Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at nly one end.
20. The pink under your fingernails is the blood in your capillaries.
Thank you for stopping by!